Search This Blog

Friday 1 June 2012

Our magnet


For a reason unknown to myself we were two opposite ends of a magnet. Drawn to each other by force and attraction with little other reasoning behind it in that moment. Suddenly the world was new and unpredictable. Although when I thought about this connection had always existed – though it had been submerged.

While the events of that night unfolded my mind sped back to a memory of you, looping inside my brain. The memory was, as it is now, hazy because it wasn’t until I saw the spark of magic within you that I allowed myself to let you stand out from the rest and even then hope was an unknown world. I remembered the first moment you had an effect on my heart. It was June, the sun was bright above me and its warmth hugged me.  I approached the green and my eyes caught you. My legs began to run towards you, before I’d even questioned their reasoning. The force I hit you with, when at last I reached you should have struck you to the ground yet somehow – with my arms around you, you managed to stay standing. After a moment I took a step back and noticed your attire. You were dressed the way that I would later become to see you. A dress of pearl white dress highlighted you perfectly, with a feathered halo to match and wings to complete the outfit. An angel. I sparked as you took my hand and let our fingers lock for the next few hours. I confess, I gave into your smile, your touch, your beauty as though I was a lost child and now I was complete.

The night continued. One whisper and the world around me changed. No other world existed but us. Other people, other noises became a whirl wind and was gone. Our whispers, our touches were so loud and bold to me it was like lightening – how nobody suspected escapes me. A slow movement of a hand, a brief opening of lips, a change in tone. Every second I felt how you longed for my previously unfamiliar touch, how you wanted me close. Upon my soft neck I could feel your breathing become more intense – urging me to continue.  We stayed close, always touching as though at each other’s release we would awake from this dream. Eventually we had to part, but it was not over. Your sweet breath sighed in my ear as you got to your feet. Lips which longed for the touch of yours curved into a smile at this.

When you returned to me I wanted to be even close to you and you felt the same. Time was running out, we had to leave soon. I took your hand and we sped to the bathroom – somewhere we could be alone. On the way we joked about what we about to do. Then the door was shut behind us and we could see each other clearly for the first time. My hands held your waist and pulled you close as yours wrested around my neck. For a moment I stared into your ocean blue eyes and the world was perfect. Our heads tilted and we leaned in. Warmth hit me as soon as our lips met for the first time. After a blurred amount of time our eyes met again as though some force would always bring them back together. As I looked into the depths of you I saw a smile radiating from inside you, you must have seen the same for seconds later we repeated our sin.

Footsteps. Voices. Girls approaching. We broke apart, but this time our eyes were only able to meet briefly before we each took a few steps apart as the door opened. For now, it was over and you had to leave.

How could I do that to you? Why did you do that to you? As soon as our lips met I made everything so complicated. I made you question what you thought you knew, change who you were and become ashamed of part of you. You said it was nothing, you still do, but nothing destroyed us. And now here we are disconnected and lost. A torturous life was what I gave to you. Yet a magnet still pulls us together.

No comments:

Post a Comment